Commissioner of Oaths
The Municipality of Trent Hills can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits.
The commissioning fee is $10 per document.
Before you start
You will need to bring valid photo identification. The identification should show your full name, signature, and address.
Please contact us to see if a Commissioner of Oaths is available.
Commissioner of Oaths Services
We have five Commissioner of Oaths that can sign documents at their discretion, including but not limited to the following:
- Travel letters and permissions;
- Proof of residency;
- Transfer of vehicle ownership;
- Pension plan and insurance claim documents;
- Municipality forms; and,
- Other government-related forms.
The Commissioner of Oaths can also:
- Certify documents as ‘true copies; and,
- Certify the signature of an identifiable individual.
The Commissioner of Oaths will not sign documents related to:
- Wills, testaments, and estates;
- Powers of Attorney;
- Divorce, separation, and custody;
- Real estate;
- Court documents or any documents related to court proceedings; and,
- Any other documents requiring a Notary Public.
We do not provide the services of a Notary Public.
We recognize the traditional keepers of this land and, specifically our neighbours of the Alderville First Nation, with a formal territorial acknowledgement.
Welcome to the Gunshot Treaty Lands of 1788. It is on these lands and on the shores of the big lake, the Mississauga Anishinabeg met with the Crown to facilitate the opening of these lands for
Let us be reminded of the responsibility we all have in making sure that we respect these lands and waters that give us life and sustain our livelihoods.