Couples should make sure they meet all Provincial requirements for marriage in Ontario before applying.
Couples who are getting married in Ontario need to download and complete a Marriage Licence Application. The completed application can be emailed to email@example.com
After reviewing your application, staff will contact you to make an appointment to obtain your marriage licence.
When you visit the office, you will need to bring the following documentation:
- The Marriage Licence Application which will need to be signed and dated by both partners. If only 1 partner is attending, the other partner will need to have signed the form at home
- 2 pieces of government issued identification for each partner. 1 piece of identification must include your photo. If 1 partner is not attending, you are still required to bring their identification. Examples of government issued identification:
- government issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
- valid passport
- record of immigrant landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- valid driver's licence
- valid Ontario Photo card
- If either partner has been divorced, we require an original certificate of divorce to be brought to the office. A divorce order will not suffice
- Payment method for the fee for the Marriage Licence
Mr. Wendell E. White has been appointed to perform civil marriage solemnization services within the boundaries of Trent Hills.
Couples wishing to have a civil marriage service are to contact Mr. White directly at 613-473-1517 or by e-mail.
We recognize the traditional keepers of this land and, specifically our neighbours of the Alderville First Nation, with a formal territorial acknowledgement.
Welcome to the Gunshot Treaty Lands of 1788. It is on these lands and on the shores of the big lake, the Mississauga Anishinabeg met with the Crown to facilitate the opening of these lands for
Let us be reminded of the responsibility we all have in making sure that we respect these lands and waters that give us life and sustain our livelihoods.