Skip to main content Skip to footer

Road and Entrance Permits

The Municipality of Trent Hills available road and entrance permits:

You will need an entrance permit if you are making or changing a property entrance.

Apply for an entrance permit

Complete the online entrance permit application.

A site plan is required for the application.  View a site plan template to see what to include on your plan


Applicants are responsible for all associated fees, as outlined in the Fees and Charges By-law


Entrance permits for County roads

If you live on a County road, you will need to submit an entrance permit application to Northumberland County.

Apply for an Emily Project Access Route

Send your completed Emily Project Access Route application to our Municipal Office.

You will need to pay a fee as set out in the current Fees and Charges By-law for a Farm 911/Emily Project Access Route sign and noted on the form.

Our Road Cut Permit allows for water and wastewater locates. Any road cuts must be authorized before you start any digging.

Apply for a road cut permit

Send your completed road cut permit application to our Municipal Office.

The appplication requires a site plan.  View site plan template to see what you should include on your plan.


You will need to pay a fee of $200 and a deposit of $1,000. You can apply for a deposit refund after one year.

Apply for a road occupancy permit if you are doing any work that blocks roads, sidewalks or municipal property.

Apply for a road occupancy permit

Send a completed road occupancy application to our Municipal Office. You will need to pay a fee of $150.

A 911 Sign (Municipal Address Signage) helps emergency services locate your property.

Apply for a 911 Sign (Municipal Address Signage)

Contact our office for details

See the current Fees and Charges Bylaw for current costing.

If you are planning an event that will require a temporary road closure, you must apply for a temporary road closure.

Apply for a temporary road closure

Apply for a temporary road closure by completing a Special Event Form

Apply by sending a completed road allowance closure application to the Planning Department.

Land Acknowledgement

We recognize the traditional keepers of this land and, specifically our neighbours of the Alderville First Nation, with a formal territorial acknowledgement.

Welcome to the Gunshot Treaty Lands of 1788. It is on these lands and on the shores of the big lake, the Mississauga Anishinabeg met with the Crown to facilitate the opening of these lands for

Let us be reminded of the responsibility we all have in making sure that we respect these lands and waters that give us life and sustain our livelihoods.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.