Skip to main content Skip to footer

Livestock Claims

The Clerk’s Office coordinates claims under the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program.

The program provides financial assistance to owners whose livestock, poultry and/or honey bees have been damaged or killed by wildlife.

 To make an application under the program, the owner must:

  • Have a valid farm business registration number (FBRN);
  • Have a premises identification (PID) number;
  • Report the injury or kill within 48 hours; and,
  • Preserve the injury/kill site until the Municipal Investigator has investigated.

Within 48 hours of discovering the injury or kill contact the Municipal Investigator:

Contact Municipal Investigator

Brandon Taylor 705-768-1517

Land Acknowledgement

We recognize the traditional keepers of this land and, specifically our neighbours of the Alderville First Nation, with a formal territorial acknowledgement.

Welcome to the Gunshot Treaty Lands of 1788. It is on these lands and on the shores of the big lake, the Mississauga Anishinabeg met with the Crown to facilitate the opening of these lands for

Let us be reminded of the responsibility we all have in making sure that we respect these lands and waters that give us life and sustain our livelihoods.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.