Skip to main content Skip to footer

Building and Renovating

The Municipality of Trent Hills manages property building and development under the Ontario Building Code and according to our by-laws.

Apply for a permit

See our building permit page before you start your next project. Building without a permit can lead to costly delays and fines. If your work is near a water source or wetland, you may need approval from a conservation authority.

Development Charges

Development Charges are adjusted annually on the 1st of January by the Statistics Canada Quarterly Construction Price Index, Non-Residential construction. 

Please contact our office to confirm the current Development Charges.

Development Charges By-Law

Electrical safety permits

If you are doing any electrical work, you will need an electrical safety permit from the Electrical Safety Authority.

Building activity in our community

Both residential and commercial building activity has risen steadily for the past few years. The expansion and development of businesses has led to an increase in commercial building activity.

Much of this building activity can be attributed to a strong economy, new residents, investment, and a trend to refurbish and restore historic buildings.

Land Acknowledgement

We recognize the traditional keepers of this land and, specifically our neighbours of the Alderville First Nation, with a formal territorial acknowledgement.

Welcome to the Gunshot Treaty Lands of 1788. It is on these lands and on the shores of the big lake, the Mississauga Anishinabeg met with the Crown to facilitate the opening of these lands for

Let us be reminded of the responsibility we all have in making sure that we respect these lands and waters that give us life and sustain our livelihoods.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.