The Municipality of Trent Hills can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits.


The commissioning fee is $10 per document.

Before you start

You will need to bring valid photo identification. The identification should show your full name, signature, and address.

Please contact us to see if a Commissioner of Oaths is available.

Commissioner of Oaths Services

We have five Commissioner of Oaths that can sign documents at their discretion, including but not limited to the following:

  • Travel letters and permissions;
  • Proof of residency;
  • Transfer of vehicle ownership;
  • Pension plan and insurance claim documents;
  • Municipality forms; and,
  • Other government-related forms.

The Commissioner of Oaths can also:

  • Certify documents as ‘true copies; and,
  • Certify the signature of an identifiable individual.

The Commissioner of Oaths will not sign documents related to:

  • Wills, testaments, and estates;
  • Powers of Attorney;
  • Divorce, separation, and custody;
  • Real estate;
  • Court documents or any documents related to court proceedings; and,
  • Any other documents requiring a Notary Public.

We do not provide the services of a Notary Public.

Contact Us