The Municipality of Trent Hills manages property building and development under the Ontario Building Code and according to our by-laws.

Apply for a permit

See our building permit page before you start your next project. Building without a permit can lead to costly delays and fines. If your work is near a water source or wetland, you may need approval from a conservation authority.

Electrical safety permits

If you are doing any electrical work, you will need an electrical safety permit from the Electrical Safety Authority.

Building activity in our community

Both residential and commercial building activity has risen steadily for the past few years. The expansion and development of businesses has led to an increase in commercial building activity.

Much of this building activity can be attributed to a strong economy, new residents, investment, and a trend to refurbish and restore historic buildings.

Contact Us