The Municipality of Trent Hills requires burn permits for open-air fires under the Open Air Burning By-law.

We don't allow the use of burn barrels.

Call 705-243-1828 to initiate a Burn Event. Information such as Fire Risk and Fire Ban status will be advised in the message.

Apply for a burn permit

If you are a property owner, you can apply for a burn permit. Tenants need to contact a landlord for permission for a burn permit. You can get your burn permit either:

Standard Burn Permit  

  • Fee is $20
  • Urban areas of Campbellford, Hastings and Warkworth
    • Fire must be confined to a manufactured non-combustible enclosed container such as fire bowls with spark arrestors on the top or chimineas.
  • Rural areas of Seymour (Ward 1) and Percy (Ward 2)
    • Fires can only be 2 feet by 2 feet or 0.6 metres by 0.6 meters
  • Rural and Urban campfires as permitted after sunset and fully extinguished by 1:00 a.m.
  • Farming purposes burn pile that is no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet or 1.5 metres by 1.5 metres
    • You must burn at least 50 feet or 15 metres away from any structures or property line
    • The farm property must be 12 acres or more in size
  • Farming purposes fires between sunrise and sunset
    • Start after 6:00 a.m. and extinguish by 6:00 p.m.

Special Burn Permit 

Fee is $100


Oversized, Special Purpose (such as recreational campgrounds/resorts, land clear or construction site, etc.). A site visit may be required.


Contact Us